Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another press for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in the Microsoft Word, RTF, OpenDocument, or WordPerfect file format.
- Each section begins on a separate page: title page, abstract, text, appendix(es), notes, references, biographical paragraph, each table, each figure.
- Title Page includes all authors’ names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, vacations or other dates when authors might be unavailable and addresses and phone numbers for those dates, and any other pertinent contact information.
- Abstract is around 100 words. Keywords are given.
- All in-text citations are included in the reference list; all references have in-text citations.
- Reference list follows APA Citation Format.
- Figures are high resolution, and an electronic version is provided; they appear exactly as they should in the book.
- Written, signed permission for copyrighted material has been obtained where necessary.
- The manuscript has been read and corrected by a native speaker.
Authors who publish with this press agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the press right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this press.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual series for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published by the press (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this press.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.